Every day, almost 5,000 blood donations are needed to meet the needs of people throughout the country.
Vitalant is the nation’s second-largest community blood service provider, supplying comprehensive transfusion medicine services for nearly 1,000 hospitals and health care partners for patients in need across 40 states. Vitalant inspires local communities to serve the needs of others and transform lives through the selfless act of donating blood.
Vitalant’s 780,000 donors supply 1.8 million donations a year. In addition to blood products, Vitalant offers customers transfusion services, medical consulting, quality guidance, ongoing education, research and more.
O-negative and O-positive are the universal blood types that are needed in emergency, trauma and shortage situations. While all blood types are needed, the greatest demand is for donors with these blood types.
So, Vitalant is urging blood donors to roll up their sleeves in support of patients by hosting numerous blood drives throughout the West Valley and in Glendale.
Those who donate through Friday, September 6, will be entered to win a 2019 Volkswagen Passat Wolfsburg Edition donated by the Valley Volkswagen dealers.
A Glendale donor center, at 18583 N. 59th Avenue, is open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursdays, and 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays.
Here are Vitalant’s upcoming local blood drives:
• 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday, August 9, NPL Construction, 7326 N. Glen Harbor Boulevard (Bloodmobile)
• 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, August 14, Delta Dental, 5656 W. Talavi Boulevard (Bloodmobile)
• 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday, August 15, Bechtel Corporation, 5323 N. 99th Avenue (Bloodmobile)
• 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Sunday, August 18, Our Lady of Perpetual Help, 5614 W. Orangewood Avenue (Bloodmobile)
• Noon to 4 p.m. Sunday, August 18, Cabela’s, 9380 W. Glendale Avenue (Bloodmobile)
• 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, August 20, Sands Chevrolet Glendale, 5418 Northwest Grand Avenue (Bloodmobile by front entry)
• 8 a.m. to noon Thursday, August 22, Arizona Automotive Institute, 6829 N. 46th Avenue (Classroom E)
• 6 to 10 p.m. Thursday, August 22, Arizona Automotive Institute, 6829 N. 46th Avenue (Classroom E)
• 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Sunday, August 25, Christ’s Community Church, 4530 W. Thunderbird Road (ATB area)
• 8 a.m. to noon Monday, August 26, Peoria Unified School District, 6330 W. Thunderbird Road (Boardroom)
• 8 a.m. to noon Thursday, August 29, Glencroft Center for Modern Aging, 8611 N. 67th Avenue (Bloodmobile)
• 1 to 5 p.m. Wednesday, September 4, Glendale Elementary School District, 7301 N. 58th Avenue (Boardroom)
For a blood donation appointment, visit bloodhero.com (enter city or ZIP code) or call 1-877-25-VITAL (1-877-258-4825).