Midwestern University President and Chief Executive Officer Kathleen H. Goeppinger recently announced changes to the administration team as a result of the university’s continued growth.
• Dr. Joshua C. Baker has been promoted to vice president and chief academic officer for pharmacy and optometry education after six years as an administrator in the Arizona College of Optometry (AZCOPT). Baker was named AZCOPT dean in 2016 and also recently served as the interim dean of the university’s Chicago College of Optometry.
• Dr. Mary W.L. Lee has been named vice president, special assistant to the president. Lee will oversee the university’s Centralized Office of Experiential Education and handle special projects between both Midwestern campuses in Glendale and Downers Grove, Illinois. Lee has worked for Midwestern for 25 years and most recently served as vice president and chief academic officer for pharmacy and optometry education.
• Dr. Alicia E. Feis has been promoted to dean of the Arizona College of Optometry after serving in assistant and associate deanships dealing with clinical affairs at the Midwestern University Eye Institute. Feis began her career at Midwestern University in 2011 as an associate professor.
Additionally, two Midwestern University administrative officers will take on dual roles overseeing programs on both university campuses.
• Dr. Mitchell R. Emerson, dean of the College of Pharmacy-Glendale, will assume additional responsibilities as dean of the Chicago College of Pharmacy (CCP).
• Dr. Ross J. Kosinski will expand his duties as dean of students to encompass both campuses.
Drs. Emerson and Kosinski assume these roles following the respective retirements of CCP Dean Dr. Nancy F. Fjortoft and Downers Grove Dean of Students Dr. Teresa A. Dombrowski.