Guests are invited to Westgate’s Fountain Park each weekend to enjoy free music concerts. Thursdays shine a spotlight on new local talent, while Friday and Saturday audiences can discover bands that have established a following.
Upcoming musical acts include:
• 7 to 9 p.m. July 19 — New Talent Thursday showcases Martin Daniel, a full-time musician who plays modern interpretations of pop music, from the ’60s to today, with a repertoire of 110 songs.
• 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. July 20 — Cliffside Push melds the sounds of ’60s rock to today’s pop into a big band stage performance with vocals, trumpet, bass, drums, saxophone, guitar, keyboard and trombone.
• 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. July 21 — Top 40 covers and original guitar work makes up the set list for the West Hills Brothers duo. Carson Smith is on lead vocals, guitar and percussion, and his twin brother, Cole, plays acoustic and electric guitar and mandolin.
• 7 to 9 p.m. July 26 — New Talent Thursday features Jim “Just Jimmy” Helms, a full-time firefighter paramedic who is also a singer-songwriter. Helms puts a modern coffee shop twist to every song he plays, from the ’50s through today.
• 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. July 27 — Audiences get a three-for-one special when three indie alternative rock, pop bands take the stage. Thoughts Like Rockets was formed in 2013 and influenced by Jimmy Eat World, Muse, Yellowcard, Metallica, Van Halen and Foo Fighters. Sleepwar combines new wave and synth-pop influence with lyrics speaking to addiction, recovery and the struggles of life. UNTIL THE SUN is a bluesy, alternative rock band that draws influences from the likes of Pink Floyd, Beth Hart, Led Zeppelin and Black Keys.
• 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. July 28 — Sunday at Noon is a four-piece rock band influenced by Led Zeppelin, Foo Fighters and Queens of the Stone Age.
For more information, visit www.westgateaz.com/events/live-music/.