Vitalant donors will “Hear the Sweet Sound of Saving Lives” when they give blood Nov. 16 to Nov. 30 at any donor center or blood drive across the Valley, compliments of The Phoenix Symphony.
In appreciation for saving lives around Thanksgiving, all blood donors will receive a voucher for one ticket to a Phoenix Symphony performance. Being the longest extended holiday weekend of the year, the Thanksgiving holiday is one of the most difficult times to ensure Arizona patients have an ample supply of lifesaving blood transfusions.
To make a blood donation appointment, call 877-258-4825 (877-25-VITAL) or visit www.BloodHero.com and enter your city or zip code (locations below).
The Phoenix Symphony’s partnership with Vitalant was inspired when their late maestro, Hermann Michael, was diagnosed with aplastic anemia, a disease that affected his body’s ability to produce blood cells.
Doctors treated him with chemotherapy and blood transfusions every few days. Maestro Michael was grateful that blood was there for him when he needed it and shared his story with the public to inspire increased donations.
Although the maestro succumbed to his blood disease in 2006, the Phoenix Symphony’s annual tradition of saving lives every Thanksgiving holiday continues and honors him.
Since the Thanksgiving partnership was established with the Phoenix Symphony in 2002, the annual campaign has grown to become one of Vitalant’s most popular and has inspired more than 72,000 people to donate blood.
West Valley Vitalant
• Glendale: 18583 N. 59th Avenue.
• Goodyear: 14270 W. Indian School Road (closed Fridays).
• West Phoenix: 5757 N. Black Canyon Highway.
Donor center hours are 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.Thursdays and 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays.
Public blood drives by city:
• 8 a.m. to 10:30 a.m, Thursday, Nov. 21, Cummins-Rocky Mountain, 651 N. 101st Avenue.
• 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday, Nov. 25, Larry H Miller Automotive Group, 10205 W. Papago Freeway.
• 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 17, Grace Fellowship Church, 1300 S. Miller Road.
• 8 a.m. to noon, Sunday, Nov. 17, Vineyard Church North Phoenix, 6250 W. Peoria Avenue.
• 8 a.m. to noon, Tuesday, Nov. 19, city of Glendale, 5850 W. Glendale Avenue.
• 8 a.m. to 11:45 a.m., Saturday, Nov. 23, Anytime Fitness-Arrowhead, 6120 W. Behrend Drive.
• 8 a.m. to noon, Saturday, Nov. 23, Curves, 17145 N. 51st Avenue.
• 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Tuesday, Nov. 26, Credit Union West, 10150 W. Desert River Boulevard.
• 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Tuesday, Nov. 26, Pebble Creek Retirement Community, 3645 Clubhouse Drive.
• 2 p.m. to 7 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 21, Youth Fellowship Hall, Laveen Baptist Church, 5036 W. Dobbins Road.
• 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 16, U.S. Naval Sea Cadets at Spirit of Hope UMC, 14403 N. 75th Avenue.
• 8:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 17, Journey Church, 9049 W. Lake Pleasant Parkway.
• 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 21, city of Peoria, 8351 W. Cinnabar Avenue.
• 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 24, St. Charles Borromeo, 8615 W. Peoria Avenue.
• 7 a.m. to 11 a.m., Saturday, Nov. 30, CrossFit Incendia, 21465 N. 78th Avenue.
• 7 a.m. to 11 a.m., Saturday, Nov. 16, Happy Trails, 17200 W. Bell Road.
7 a.m. to 11 a.m., Saturday, Nov. 16, LDS Surprise Stake, 15005 N. Dysart Road.
• 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 23, Arizona Traditions Pickleball Club, 17221 N. Citrus Road.
• 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 21, Sigler Wholesale Distributors, 9702 W. Tonto Street.
Vitalant is the nation’s second-largest community blood service provider, supplying comprehensive transfusion medicine services for nearly 1,000 hospitals and health care partners across 40 states. Vitalant’s 780,000 donors supply 1.8 million donations a year.
For more information and to schedule a donation, visit vitalant.org or call 877-258-4825 (877-25-VITAL).