For the fifth consecutive year, Delta Dental of Arizona earned the Healthy Arizona Worksites Program Gold Award for its implementation of evidence-based health initiatives to improve the well-being of its employees, employees’ families and communities.
Healthy Arizona, a public health initiative developed through a partnership between the Arizona Department of Health Services and the Maricopa County Department of Public Health, will recognize Delta Dental for its wellness efforts during a virtual event on June 17.
Delta Dental was among approximately 43 companies across Arizona to meet Healthy Arizona’s gold eligibility requirements this year. Gold recipients not only set new goals and implement programs but show they have tracked and documented outcomes and behavioral changes.
Delta Dental of Arizona’s efforts to support employee well-being include:
• Paid time off for dental appointments.
• Paid volunteer time off.
• Tuition reimbursement for employees who want to continue their education.
• A wellness discount focused on encouraging preventive care.
• Premium discount for tobacco-free employees.
• Quarterly lunch-and-learns on a variety of professional and wellness topics.
• Annual wellness fair with free, on-site biometric screening and flu shots.
• A dedicated and private lactation room with comfortable seating, private refrigerator and reading materials.
• Gift cards for anniversaries and birthdays.
“As a Gold-level awardee, Delta Dental has completed an assessment of the organization’s worksite wellness program using the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Worksite Health Scorecard,” said Sherry Haskins, manager of Healthy Arizona Worksites Program.
“Their program provides a coordinated and comprehensive set of strategies designed to meet the health and safety needs of all employees. We are proud to celebrate the commitment Delta Dental of Arizona has shown to build the health and wellness of their workforce.”
Jolean Fleck of Delta Dental of Arizona said her organization is “dedicated to high ethical, moral and professional principles and standards and are committed to doing the right thing at the right time for the right reasons to benefit the communities we serve and the team members we employ.”
“Our employees dedicate so much time and talent in an effort to help improve the oral health of all Arizonans, especially in the past year, despite COVID-19 challenges, so they deserve a workplace that is equally committed to their health and well-being.”