“All reports are that it went quite well,” Matt Smith, a Desert Diamond Casino West Valley spokesman, said of the casino’s June 5 reopening.
Desert Diamond Casino’s new safety precautions include:
• Mandatory temperature screening and masks. On arrival, temperature screenings and masks will be required for all guests and team members. Masks will be provided to anyone who does not have one. Guests will be able to remove masks to eat, drink and smoke.
• Social distancing guidelines. Maintaining at least 6 feet between parties is mandatory, and signage and markings have been implemented at each facility. Hand sanitizer stations and Plexiglas barriers have been installed in key areas.
• Gaming precautions. Slot machines will be available at all locations, with every other machine disabled and chairs removed. Poker and table games will be available, with seating reduced to enable safe distances. Bingo will only be available with reduced seating.
• Dining precautions. Select dining venues and bars will be open with social distancing measures in place.
• Continuous cleaning. High-contact surfaces, including gaming devices, chairs and tables, will be continuously cleaned throughout the day by special clean teams. To allow for nightly comprehensive cleaning, all properties will shut down for several hours each night.
• Air flow maximization. HVAC systems will be frequently cleaned, and the air flow into the facilities has been expanded.
• Training. Employees have received additional training in safety and sanitation protocols. In addition to masks, team members will wear gloves when working with high-contact surfaces or materials.
• New hours. New operating hours for the casino, once open around the clock, are 10 a.m. to midnight Sundays through Thursdays and 10 a.m. to 2 a.m. Fridays and Saturdays.
For more information, visit ddcaz.com or call 866-DDC-WINS.