Glendale-based Delta Dental of Arizona said its COVID-19 relief add will top $10 million.
Since March, Delta Dental of Arizona and its foundation committed $9.5 million to assist local communities by promoting optimal oral health, with more than $500,000 in relief still planned for early 2021.
Areas of relief include:
• A 50% premium credit on the June invoice for more than 2,900 group dental customers.
• Rate freezes for approximately 650 small- to medium-sized businesses renewing their PPO dental/and or vision plans.
• Claims advances of up to $50,000 for network dental offices.
• A $500,000 donation to Arizona’s 23 federally qualified health centers.
• 30,000 toothbrushes and paste donated to homeless shelters across the state.
“The commitments made by the Delta Dental companies to support our customers, providers and communities throughout the pandemic are part of a dedicated and unwavering effort to fulfill our mission of advancing the oral health of all Americans,” said Wells Hutchison, president and CEO, Delta Dental Plans Association.
Delta Dental was instrumental in ensuring access to federal funding for dentists as they navigated office closure mandates resulting from the pandemic. Through the success of Delta Dental’s advocacy, dentists were included on a list of providers eligible for much-needed federal relief funding through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Delta Dental of Arizona has more than 1.2 million customers and more than 3,500 contracted dentists.
For more information, visit deltadentalaz.com.